References MAY 2020
Natural Medicine for Seasonal Allergies
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. "Allergies" Retrieved 15 March 2020: https://acaai.org/news/facts-statistics/allergies
- Cancer.gov. "Mast Cells." Posted to NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms. Retrieved on 16 March 2020: https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/mast-cell
- Schoones, A. et al., "Pycnogenol® (extract of French maritime pine bark) for the treatment of chronic disorders." Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. (2012) v4:1465-1858. https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008294.pub4/full
- Rohdewald, P. "A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology." Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. (2002) Apr;40(4):158-68.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11996210
- RxList.com "Pycnogenol Uses, Benefits, Side Effects." Retrieved 16 March 2020: https://www.rxlist.com/pycnogenol/supplements.htm
- Goda, Hoshino K, Akiyama H, Ishikawa T, Abe Y, Nakamura T, Otsuka H, Takeda Y, Tanimura A, Toyoda M, "Constituents in watercress: inhibitors of histamine release from RBL-2H3 cells induced by antigen stimulation," Biol Pharm Bull. (1999 Dec) 22(12):1319-26. Accessed 12 Mar 2020: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb1993/22/12/22_12_1319/_article
- The Watercress Company. Watercress Farms, Inc. "Nutritional Composition of Watercress." Accessed 15 Mar 2020: https://www.watercressfarms.com/nutritional-composition-of-watercress
- Vickery, A. "21 Anti-histamine Foods That Fight Inflammation And Stabilise Mast-cells Accessed" .15 Mar 2020: https://alisonvickery.com.au/anti-histamine-foods/
Watercress with Sauteed Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Recipe Source: https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/gingery-sauteed-watercress-shiitakes
Powerful Procyanidin Eases Allergy Symptoms
- Enomoto, T, Y Nagasako-Akazome, T Kanda, M Ikeda, and Y Dake. "Clinical Effects of Apple Polyphenols on Persistent Allergic Rhinitis: a Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Parallel Arm Study." Journal of Investigational Allergology & Clinical Immunology. 16.5 (2006): 283-9. Print.
- Juríková, T. "Polyphenols and Their Mechanism of Action in Allergic Immune Response." Global Journal of Allergy. (2015): 37-39. Print.
- Nakano, N, C Nishiyama, T Tokura, Y Nagasako-Akazome, Y Ohtake, K Okumura, and H Ogawa. "Procyanidin C1 from Apple Extracts Inhibits Fc Epsilon Ri-Mediated Mast Cell Activation." International Archives of Allergy and Immunology. 147.3 (2008): 213-21. Print.
- Rohdewald, P. "A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology." Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. (2002) Apr;40(4):158-68. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11996210
- Wilson D, Evans M, Guthrie N et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study to evaluate the potential of pycnogenol for improving allergic rhinitis symptoms. Phytother Res (2010), 24(11):15-22.
Magnificent Moringa to Support Respiratory Health
- Mehta, A., and Babita, A. "Investigation into the mechanism of action of Moringa oleifera for its anti-asthmatic activity." Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine (2008) 8:1, 24-31. Accessed 14 Mar 2020: http://www.moringanews.org/documents/asthma.pdf
- Choi, Eun-Ju, et al. "Topical application of Moringa oleifera leaf extract ameliorates experimentally induced atopic dermatitis by the regulation of Th1/Th2/Th17 balance." Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy (2016) 84, 870-877.
- Abduhli Razis, MF et al. "Health Benefits of Moringa oleifera. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention." (2014). 15(20), 8571-8576. Accessed 14 Mar 2020: http://journal.waocp.org/?sid=Entrez:PubMed&id=pmid:25374169&key=2014.15.20.8571
No Magic Required: Alleviate Congestion with Warming Socks
- Personal Communication: Eli Camp, N.D. January 2015.
- Bastyr University. "Dive 'Feet First' Into Wellness With a Natural Remedy." Accessed 10 Mar 2020: https://health.bastyr.edu/news/health-tips/2009/11/dive-feet-first-wellness-natural-remedy
- Bastyr University. "A Surprising Cold Remedy for the Post-holiday Months." Accessed 16 Mar 2020: https://health.bastyr.edu/news/health-tips/2017/01/surprising-cold-remedy-post-holiday-months