References MAY 2015
Oral Hygiene and the Health of the Body
- American Heart Association. "Dental Health and Heart Health." Updated December 20, 2013.
- Case Western Reserve University. "Joint Failures Potentially Linked to Oral Bacteria." ScienceDaily. April 18, 2012.
- Live Science. "How Oral Hygiene Affects the Rest of You." October 4, 2013.
- Témoin, S., A. Chakaki, et.al. "Identification of Oral Bacterial DNA in Synovial Fluid of Patients with Arthritis with Native and Failed Prosthetic Joints." Journal of Clinical Rheumatology 18, no. 3 (April 2012): 117-121.
- The Weston A. Price Foundation. "Nutrition, Fluoridation, and Dental Health." April 28, 2014.
Foods for Healthy Teeth
- American Dental Association. "Good Foods for Dental Health." Accessed March 2015.
- Nunn, M.E., N.S. Braunstein, et.al. "Healthy Eating Index Is a Predictor of Early Childhood Caries." Abstract. Journal of Dental Research 88, no. 4 (April 2009): 361-6.
- Science Daily. "Raisins as a Functional Food for Oral Health." June 13, 2005.
Minerals for Your Health
- Coulston, A., C. Boushey, and M.G. Ferruzzi, eds. Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease. Oxford: Academic Press, 2013.
- Davis, D.R. "Declining Fruit and Vegetable Nutrient Composition: What Is the Evidence?" HortScience 44, no. 1 (February 2009): 15-19.
- Foundation for Alternative and Integrative Medicine. "Sustainable Agriculture and Nutrient Dense Foods." Accessed March 2015.
- Kabata-Pendias, A. Trace Elements in Soils and Plants. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2011.
- Marler, J.B., and J. Wallin. "Human Health, the Nutritional Quality of Harvested Food and Sustainable Farming Systems." Nutrition Security Institute White Paper. Bellevue: WA, 2006.
- Thomas, D. "A Study on the Mineral Depletion of the Foods Available to Us as a Nation over the Period 1940 to 1991." Nutrition and Health 17, no. 2 (April 2003): 85-115.
Nature’s Potent Healer: Neem (Azadirachta Indicas)
- Organeem. "Neem Oil and Its Uses." Accessed March 2015.
- Subapriya, R., and S. Nagini. "Medicinal Properties of Neem Leaves: A Review." Abstract. Current Medicinal Chemistry - Anti-Cancer Agents 5, no. 2 (March 2005): 149-156.
- Village Volunteers. "History, Medicinal, and Practical Uses of Neem." Accessed March 2015.
- Singh, A., and B. Purohit. “Tooth Brushing, Oil Pulling, and Tissue Regeneration: A Review of Holistic Approaches to Oral Health.” Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 2, no. 2 (April 2011): 64–68. doi:10.4103/0975-9476.82525.
- WebMD. "Should You Try Oil Pulling?" Reviewed June 4, 2014.