References JUNE 2013
Summer Skin, Naturally
- "Will rubbing aloe vera on your sunburn help?" University of Arkansas Medical Science. http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=6046&sid=1
- Pizzorno, Joseph E., and Michael T. Murray. 1999. Textbook of natural medicine. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- "Papaya". World's Healthiest Foods. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=47
- Rakhimov MR. Pharmacological study of papain from the papaya plant cultivated in Uzbekistan (Article in Russian). Eksp Klin Farmakol 2000 May-Jun;63(3):55-7. 2000.
- Wood, Rebecca. The Whole Foods Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Prentice-Hall Press; 1988. 1988. PMID:15220
Sunny Trio: Vitamins C, D, and E
- United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service: USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 13, 1999.
- Mindell E. Earl Mindell's Supplement Bible. Mindell paperback, 1998:20.
- Bjelakovic G, Nikolova D, Gluud LL, Simonetti RG, Gluud C. Mortality in randomized trials of antioxidant supplements for primary and secondary prevention: systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA 2007;297:842-57.
- Marz, R. (1999). Medical Nutrition. 2nd Edition. Omni-Press. Portland, OR: 235-241..
- "Vitamin D and Skin Health". Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Research for Optimal Health. Oregon State University Website. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/skin/vitaminD/
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- "Turmeric" World's Healthiest Foods.http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78
- Aggarwal B. Paper presented at the U.S. Defense Department's 'Era of Hope' Breast Cancer Research Program meeting in Philadelphia, PA, October 5, 2005,. reported in NUTRAingredients.com/Europe "Turmeric slows breast cancer spread in mice."
- Balasubramanian K. Molecular Orbital Basis for Yellow Curry Spice Curcumin's Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease. J. Agric. Food Chem., 54 (10), 3512 -3520, 2006. 10.1021/jf0603533 S0021-8561(06)00353-0, Web Release Date: April 20, 2006. 2006.