References JULY 2020
Natural Medicine Approaches to Candidiasis
- NUNM.com "Healing Candida Overgrowth Naturally." Accessed 9 May 2020: https://nunm.edu/2019/06/healing-candida/
- Hudson T. Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; 2008.
- Miles MR, Olsen L., Rogers A. Recurrent vaginal candidiasis. Importance of an intestinal reservoir. JAMA. 1977; 238 (17): 1836-37. https://www-ncbi-nlm-nih-gov.nunm.idm.oclc.org/pubmed/?
- Vaginal Yeast Infections: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Care, Treatments. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/understanding-vaginal-yeast-infection-basics#1
- Pizzorna, J. & Murray, M. (2012) Textbook of Natural Medicine. https://books.google.com/books/about/Textbook_of_Natural_Medicine.html?id=6cjgo1IixvEC
- Pérez Gutiérrez, R.M. & Rosalinda Lule Perez. "Raphanus sativus (Radish): Their Chemistry and Biology." Scientific World Journal (2004) 4: 811–837. DOI 10.1100/tsw.2004.131. Accessed 9 May 2020: http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2004/873172.pdf
- Healthline.com "Are Radishes Good For You?" Accessed 9 May 2020: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/the-benefits-of-radishes#1
- Tavares, P. M., Thevissen, K., Cammue, B. P. A., Francois, I. E. J. A., Barreto-Bergter, E., Taborda, C. P., … & Nimrichter, L. "In vitro activity of the antifungal plant defensin RsAFP2 against Candida isolates and its in vivo efficacy in prophylactic murine models of candidiasis." Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy, (2008, December) 52:12, 4522-4525. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://aac.asm.org/content/52/12/4522.full
- Thevissen, K., de Mello Tavares, P., Xu, D., Blankenship, J., J., et al., . "The plant defensin RsAFP2 induces cell wall stress, septin mislocalization and accumulation of ceramides in Candida albicans." Molecular Microbiology, (2012, April) 84:1. 166-180. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2958.2012.08017.x
- NDTV.com "10 Health Benefits of Radish." Accessed 9 May 2020" https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/10-incredible-radish-benefits-the-power-source-of-potassium-vitamin-c-and-fiber-1397076
Garlic Roasted Radishes
- Recipe courtesy of The Real Food Dieticians https://therealfoodrds.com/garlic-roasted-radishes/
Oil of Oregano: Essential Topical Remedy for Fungal and Bacterial Infection
- Orchard A, Van vuuren S. "Commercial Essential Oils as Potential Antimicrobials to Treat Skin Diseases". Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2017) doi:10.1155/2017/4517971 Accessed 9 May 2020: https://www.verywellhealth.com/oregano-oil-health-benefits-89490#citation-6
- Bona E, Cantamessa S, Pavan M, et al. "Sensitivity of Candida albicans to essential oils: are they an alternative to antifungal agents?" J Appl Microbiol. (2016) 121(6):1530-1545. doi: 10.1111/jam.13282. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://sfamjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jam.13282
- Harry G. Preuss, Bobby Echard, Azad Dadgar, Nadeem Talpur, Vijaya Manohar, Mary Enig, Debasis Bagchi & Cass Ingram "Effects of Essential Oils and Monolaurin on Staphylococcus aureus: In Vitro and In Vivo Studies" Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods. (2005)15:4, 279-285, DOI: 10.1080/15376520590968833. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15376520590968833
Caprylic Acid Supports Healthy Gut, Yeast Balance Throughout the Body
- Jadhav A, Mortale S, Halbandge S, et al. "The Dietary Food Components Capric Acid and Caprylic Acid Inhibit Virulence Factors in Candida albicans Through Multitargeting." J Med Food. (2017 Nov) 20(1):1083-90. doi:10.1089/jmf.2017.3971. https://www.verywellhealth.com/caprylic-acid-89017
- Healthline. "Caprylic Acid: Coconut Oil's Secret." Posted August 2016. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://www.healthline.com/health/caprylic-acid-coconut-oil
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to Treat Candida
- Sahni T, Hukku S, Jain M, Prasad A, Prasad R, Singh K, 2004. Medicine Update, 14, The Association of Physicians of India, 632–639.
- Widiyanti,P. "The Role Of Hyperbaric Therapy In The Growth Of Candida Albicans." Indonesian Journal of Tropical and Infectious Disease, (2013) 4:4, 23–25.
- Segal, R. Menhusen, M., Simmons, S. "Hyperbaric Oxygen in the Treatment of Invasive Fungal Infections: A Single-Center Experience" Israeli Medical Assoc J. (2007) 9, 355-357. Accessed 9 May 2020: https://oxfordrecoverycenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Hyperbaric-Oxygen-in-the-Treatment-of-Invasive-Fungal-Infections-a-single-center-experience.pdf