References JULY 2012
Picnic Your Way to Better Health
- Barton J & Pretty J (2010). What is the Best Dose of Nature and Green Exercise for Improving Mental Health? A Multi-Study Analysis. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Firth, Kathleen. (2007). Is Local More Nutritious? Harvard Center for Health and the Global Environment. http://chge.med.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/resources/local_nutrition.pdf (accessed June 26, 2012).
- Philippot, P., Chapelle, G., & Blairy, S. (2002). Respiratory feedback in the generation of emotion. Cognition and Emotion, 16, 605-627.
- Szalavitz, Maia. Friends (and Family) Are the Best Medicine. Psychology Today. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/born-love/201007/friends-and-family-are-the-best-medicine (accessed June 26, 2012).
- What are Photochemicals? Fruits and Veggies More Matters. http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/what-are-phytochemicals (accessed June 26, 2012).
- Wong, Cathy (2012). Raw Food Diet. About.com. http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/Raw_Food.htm (accessed June 27, 2012).
Summer Salad with Mint
- United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service: USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 13, 1999.
- Mindell E. Earl Mindell's Supplement Bible. Mindell paperback, 1998:20.
- Bjelakovic G, Nikolova D, Gluud LL, Simonetti RG, Gluud C. Mortality in randomized trials of antioxidant supplements for primary and secondary prevention: systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA 2007;297:842-57.
- Sen CK, Khanna S, Roy S. Tocotrienols: vitamin E beyond tocopherols. Life Sci 2006;78:2088-98.
- Wu X, Radcliffe J. Papers on alpha-tocopherol intake and bladder cancer risk. presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research, held in Orlando, FL, May 23, 2004.
- Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin E http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamine.asp Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- Edris AE, Farrag ES. Antifungal activity of peppermint and sweet basil essential oils and their major aroma constituents on some plant pathogenic fungi from the vapor phase. Nahrung 2003 Apr; 47(2):117-21. 2003.
- Ensminger AH, Ensminger, ME, Kondale JE, Robson JRK. Foods & Nutriton Encyclopedia. Pegus Press, Clovis, California. 1983.
- Ensminger AH, Esminger M. K. J. e. al. Food for Health: A Nutrition Encyclopedia. Clovis, California: Pegus Press; 1986. 1986. PMID:15210.
- Fortin, Francois, Editorial Director. The Visual Foods Encyclopedia. Macmillan, New York. 1996.
- Grieve M. A Modern Herbal. Dover Publications, New York. 1971.
- Peppermint. The World's Healthiest Foods. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=102 (accessed June 27, 2012).
- Wood, Rebecca. The Whole Foods Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Prentice-Hall Press; 1988. 1988. PMID:15220.