References DECEMBER 2016
Healing Acid Reflux Naturally
- Mayo Clinic Online. GERD. Accessed October 10, 2016: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gerd/basics/definition/con-20025201
- University of Maryland Complementary and Alternative Medicine Database. GERD. Accessed October 10 2016: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/gastroesophageal-reflux-disease
- Ginger. (2012, April). Retrieved October 10, 2016 from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/ginger
- Kandil T. S., Mousa, A. A., et al., "The potential therapeutic effect of melatonin in gastro-esophageal reflux disease [Abstract]." BMC Gastroenterology (2010 January 18): 10(7). Retrieved October 7, 2016 from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20082715
- Lukic, M., Segec, A., et a.l., "The impact of vitamins A, C, and E in the prevention of gastroesophageal reflux disease, Barrett's esophagus, and esophageal adenocarcinoma [Abstract]." Collegium Anthropologicum, (2012) 36(3), 867-872. Retrieved October 7, 2016 from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23213946
- Patrick, L., "Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): A review of conventional and alternative treatments." Alternative Medicine Review, 16(2), 116-133. (2011). Retrieved from http://altmedrev.com/publications/16/2/116.pdf
Zap Indigestion with Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Mars, B. & Fiedler, C. Home Reference Guide to Holistic Health & Healing. (2015) p.186. Beverly, MA: Fair Winds Press.
- Johnson, R.L., S. Foster, Low Dog, T. and Kiefer, D. National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs: The World's Most Effective Healing Plants. (2012) p.140; 158-160. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic.
- WorldsHealthiestFoods.com "Ginger" Accessed October 4, 2016. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=72
- Borrelli F, Capasso R, Aviello G, Pittler MH, Izzo AA. Effectiveness and safety of ginger in the treatment of pregnancy-induced nausea and vomiting. Obstet Gynecol. (2005) Apr;105(4):849-56. PMID:15802416.
- Hoffmann, D. Medicinal Herbalism. The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine. Rochester, Healing Art Press 2003. Ginger root supplement reduced colon inflammation markers, University of Michigan Health System, 11 October 2011. http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/ginger-cancer-1011
- Adapted from Growing Up Herbal recipe. https://www.growingupherbal.com/how-to-make-deliciously-healthy-ginger-chews/
L-Glutamine for Gut Strength
- University of Maryland CAM Database. "Glutamine" Accessed on October 4, 2016: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/glutamine
- Rapin, Jean Robert, and Nicolas Wiernsperger. "Possible Links between Intestinal Permeability and Food Processing: A Potential Therapeutic Niche for Glutamine." Clinics 65.6 (2010): 635-643. PMC. Web. 4 Oct. 2016. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2898551/
- Larson, Shawn D. et al. "Molecular Mechanisms Contributing to Glutamine-Mediated Intestinal Cell Survival." American journal of physiology. Gastrointestinal and liver physiology 293.6 (2007): G1262-G1271. PMC. Web. 4 Oct. 2016: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2432018/
- Weitzel L, Wischmeyer P. "Glutamine in Critical Illness: The Time Has Come, The Time Is Now." Critical Care Clinics. 2010;26(3).
Seeds for Good Digestion: Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- "Curcumin v. Cumin: Not the Same" Accessed on October 4, 2016: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/curcumin-vs-cumin-10292.html
- WorldsHealthiestFoods.com: Cumin. Accessed on October 4, 2016: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=91
- Agah, Shahram et al. "Cumin Extract for Symptom Control in Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Case Series." Middle East Journal of Digestive Diseases 5.4 (2013): 217-222.
The Power of Chiropractic Medicine
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Chiropractic: In Depth https://nccih.nih.gov/health/chiropractic/introduction.htm
- Chiropractic and Digestive Concerns https://idealspine.com/chiropractic-care-and-acid-reflux-disease-gerd/
- NaturalNews.com "Chiropractic Helps Digestive Disorders." Posted by Dr. David Jockers ( 09 July 2010). Accessed on 15 November 2016: http://www.naturalnews.com/029164_chiropractic_digestive_disorders.html
- Angus, K., Sepideh A., & Gleberzon, B. "What Effect Does Chiropractic Treatment Have on Gastrointestinal (GI) Disorders: A Narrative Review of the Literature." The Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association 59.2 (2015): 122-133. Accessed on October 6, 2016: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4486990/
- Ernst, E. "Chiropractic Treatment for Gastrointestinal Problems: A Systematic Review of Clinical Trials." Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology 25.1 (2011): 39-40. Accessed 15 November 2016: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3027333/
- Alcantara, J., & Anderson, R. "Chiropractic Care of a Pediatric Patient with Symptoms Associated with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Fuss-Cry-Irritability with Sleep Disorder Syndrome and Irritable Infant Syndrome of Musculoskeletal Origin." The Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association 52.4 (2008): 248-255. Accessed October 6, 2016: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2597889/
- Tsuchie, H. , et al., "Impact of lumbar kyphosis on gastric myoelectrical activity and heart rate variability in a model using flexion posture in healthy young adults." Biomedical Res (2011) Aug;32(4):271-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21878734
- Young, M.F., et al, "Chiropractic manual intervention in chronic adult dyspepsia" Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. (2009) Apr;21(4):482-3. doi: 10.1097/MEG.0b013e3282fc7370.
- American Chiropractic Association: Why Choose Chiropractic http://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Why-Choose-Chiropractic/What-is-Chiropractic
- Clinical Effectiveness: http://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Why-Choose-Chiropractic/Key-Facts