References AUGUST 2022
Kids & Their Devices: Healthier Ways to Manage Screen Time
- Kershner, M. A. Kids and Their Screens: A Healthier Way to Use Them. Norman, OK: Vital Health Publishing, 2021.
- Kershner, M. A. Working from Home: Mastering the Art of Sitting at Your Computer. Norman, OK: Vital Health Publishing, 2021.
- Family Zone. "Five Easy Ways to Make Screen-Time Healthier and More Satisfying." https://www.familyzone.com/anz/families/blog/five-easy-ways-to-make-screen-time-healthier
- Raising Children Network. "Teenage Screen Time: Tips for Balance." https://raisingchildren.net.au/teens/entertainment-technology/screen-time-healthy-screen-use/healthy-screen-time-teens
- Raising Children Network. "School-Age Screen Time: Tips for Balance." https://raisingchildren.net.au/school-age/play-media-technology/screen-time-healthy-screen-use/healthy-screen-time-6-11-years
Cashews Many Health Benefits
- "FoodData Central." Accessed June 2, 2022. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/?query=cashew
- "Cashews: Nutrition, Health Benefits, and Diet." Accessed June 2, 2022. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/309369
Spicy Vegan Cashew Lettuce Wraps
- Recipe Adapted From: A Couple Cooks. "Spicy Vegan Lettuce Wraps." https://www.acouplecooks.com/spicy-cashewlettuce-wraps
Bilberries: Herbal Remedy Rich in Antioxidants
- Johnson, R.L., S. Foster, Low Dog, T. and Kiefer, D. National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs: The World's Most Effective Healing Plants. (2012) p. 103-105. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic.
- Chu, W., et al. "Bilberry (Vaccinium Myrtillus L.)." In Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects, edited by Iris F. F. Benzie and Sissi Wachtel-Galor, 2nd ed. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92770/
- Basu, A., M. Rhone, and T. J. Lyons. "Berries: Emerging Impact on Cardiovascular Health." Nutrition Reviews 68, no. 3 (March 2010): 168–77. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2010.00273.x
- Erlund, Iris, et al. "Favorable Effects of Berry Consumption on Platelet Function, Blood Pressure, and HDL Cholesterol." The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 87, no. 2 (February 2008): 323–31. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/87.2.323
Sage: Clarity for Body and Mind
- Mars, B. & C. Fiedler. Home Reference Guide to Holistic Health & Healing. (Beverly, MA: Fair Winds Press. 2015.), 30, 143, 203.
- Johnson, R. L., et al., National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs: The World's Most Effective Healing Plants.(National Geographic Society. 2010, 2014.), 90-93.
- Herbwisdom. "Sage Benefits & Information (Salvia Officinalis)." https://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-sage.html
- NCCIH. "Sage." https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/sage
- Mindbodygreen. "A Sage Smudging Ritual To Cleanse Your Aura & Clear Your Space." March 13, 2015. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17875/a-sage-smudging-ritual-to-cleanse-your-aura-clear-your-space.html
- Kennedy, D. O., and E. L. Wightman. "Herbal Extracts and Phytochemicals: Plant Secondary Metabolites and the Enhancement of Human Brain Function1." Advances in Nutrition 2, no. 1 (January 10, 2011): 32–50. https://doi.org/10.3945/an.110.000117
The 20/20/20 Rule for Protecting Eye Health
- Purves, D., et al. "The Actions and Innervation of Extraocular Muscles." Neuroscience. 2nd Edition, 2001. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK10793/
- "Negative Effects of Too Much Screen Time | Dr Matt Le Roux," June 15, 2021. https://mattleroux.com/negative-effects-screen-time/