References AUGUST 2017
Infertility and Natural Medicine
- CDC.com "Infertility." Key Statistics from the national Survey of Family Growth (date 2011-2013) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/infertility.htm
- Resolve: The National Infertility Association. http://www.resolve.org/about/fast-facts-about-fertility.html
- Reproductive Medicine Associates of NJ. Infertility in America: 2015 Survey and Report. http://www.rmanj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RMANJ_Infertility-In-America-SurveyReport-_04152015.pdf
- Thompson, J. (N.D.) Personal Communication. June 5, 2017.
- Patisaul, Heather B., and Wendy Jefferson. "The Pros and Cons of Phytoestrogens." Frontiers in neuroendocrinology 31.4 (2010): 400–419. PMC. Web. 9 July 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/
- University of Maryland Medical Center. "Infertility in Men." http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/infertility-in-men
- NIH. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. "How common is male infertility and what are its causes." https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menshealth/conditioninfo/Pages/infertility.aspx
- Renter, E. "Three Winter Foods to Increase Fertility" naturalsociety.com Accessed 3 June 2017: http://naturalsociety.com/winter-foods-increased-fertility/
- World's Healthiest Foods: Brussels Sprouts. Accessed 3 June 2017: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=10
- Wilson, D. R. et al., "Pre-conceptional Vitamin/Folic Acid Supplementation 2007: The Use of Folic Acid in Combination With a Multivitamin Supplement for the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects and Other Congenital Anomalies." J. Obstetrics & Gyn Canada, (2007) 29:12; 1003-1013. Available via https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1701-2163(16)32685-8
- Twight, J.M., et al., "Preconception Folic Acid Use Modulates Estradiol and Follicular Responses to Ovarian Stimulation." J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2011) Feb;96(2):E322-9. Accessed 3 June 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21123447
Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Seven Ways to Love 'Em!
- Recipe Adapted from: Oh! She Glows. http://ohsheglows.com/2015/11/21/mouth-watering-crispy-brussels-sprouts-plus-7-ways-to-flavour-them/
- "Gut Metabolism of Glucaric Acid," Alternative Med Review (Monograph, 2002) 7:4, 336-339. http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/7/4/336.pdf
- Dwivedi C, Heck WJ, Downie AA, et al. "Effect of calcium glucarate on beta-glucuronidase activity and glucarate content of certain vegetables and fruits". Biochem Med Metab Biol 1990;43:83-92. Accessed 5 June 2017: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2346674
- Personal Correspondence. Judith Thompson, ND. via email 5 June 2017.
Women's Fertility Herb: True Unicorn (Aletris farinosa)
- Natural Center for Homeopathy: Aletris farinosa. Accessed 4 June 2017: http://www.homeopathycenter.org/remedy/aletris-farinosa-0
- Butler, C. L. and Costello, C. H. (1944), Pharmacological Studies. I. Aletris farinos. J. Pharm. Sci., 33: 177–183. doi:10.1002/jps.3030330605 Accessed 15 June 2017: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jps.3030330605/abstract
- Drugs.com. Aletris. Accessed 4 June 2017: https://www.drugs.com/npp/aletris.html
- Wildflower.org Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center; Plant Database: Aletris farinosa. Accessed 4 June 2017: https://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=ALFA2
- Personal Correspondence, Judith Thompson, N.D., June 5, 2017. Re: Notes from Debra Brammer, N.D., (class lecture 2002-2003)
Pelvic Muscle Training
- MayoClinic Online. "Kegel exercises: A how-to guide for women." Accessed 5 June 2017: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises/art-20045283
- "Kegel exercises for men: Understand the benefits." Accessed 5 June 2017: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises-for-men/art-20045074
- Healthline.com "Kegel Exercises" Accessed 5 June 2017: http://www.healthline.com/health/kegel-exercises#purpose2
- Personal Communication, Judith Thompson, N.D., May/June 2017 via email.